Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ground Zero in Cambridge

From: juitt@ultra.dec.com (Note how he doesn't so much fly, as plummet.)
Date: 21 Jan 88 12:52
Subject: Ground Zero in Cambridge

> From: Greg Earle <earle@mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>

> For those of you in the Boston area reading this, you should support
> Ground Zero, at 512 Mass. Ave. in Cambridge (just a few blocks up
> the street from the Central station).  Good mix of Industrial, Rap,
> Fast Reggae, and On-U sounds.  Heard Executive Slacks, a;Grumh...,
> Jah Wobble, Eek A Mouse, PTV, etc. in the course of an hour or so.

	Zero is a great place.  The dance floor is too small.
	But they played Pailhead "I Will Refuse" for me last time
	I was there.  Tackhead is the usually the "house sound".

> DJ, Diego, is this jolly black guy who loves equal parts Homeboy
> house music and Euro-industrial, and he also is the Music Director
> for WERS

	Just don't catch him in a disco-ish mood.  It'll suck.

Dave Juitt
UUCP: ...decwrl!dec-ultra!juitt       Lately I've been frequenting bad houses,
ARPA:  juitt%ultra.dec@decwrl.arpa    places no respectable man should be seen.