Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Swans Way, Anthony Philips

From: ece-csc!jnh@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Joseph Nathan Hall)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 88 19:12:00 EST
Subject: Re: Swans Way, Anthony Philips
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Also, I am wondering if anyone knows about Anthony Philips.  I bought his
> "Private Parts and Pieces."  It had a lot of nice guitar music on it.  Has
> anyone ever heard of him?  Has he played with some group?

Anthony Philips was one of the original five members of Genesis.  (I
suppose you've heard of THEM).  The other four were Peter Gabriel,
Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and a drummer whose name I can't remember.
Phil Collins and Steve Hackett joined (I think this is right) the
group for the third album, when Philips and the drummer left.

There are several Philips albums available on this side of the ocean
and I assume there are more on the other.

I could be more specific but I don't have my collection on
hand...maybe I'll provide more details later.

	-joseph hall

Disclaimer:  Do you see any opinions expressed above?