Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KonTract info / KaTe and Dune?

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 87 14:23:01 EST
Subject: KonTract info / KaTe and Dune?

I talked to a contact at Capitol Records today to find out more about
EMI-America allegedly dropping Kate Bush.  According to Capitol, that
is not the case.  It is true, however, that Kate's US record contract
is up in the air at the moment.  As some of you may know, EMI-America
(a subsidiary of Capitol) has merged with Manhattan Records and is now
called EMI-Manhattan.  From now on, they are supposedly going to
concentrate on the east coast scene.  In the mean time, while all this
was going on, Kate's contract with EMI-America expired and in the
shuffle both EMI-America and Kate were apparently too busy to notice.
Capitol wants Kate back, but she hasn't decided yet what she wants to
do.  According to Capitol, she says she isn't necessarily going to
renew her contract with Capitol.

Now, on to a random question for KT fans.  Has anyone else noticed
that the costumes worn in "The Dreaming" video are "still suits" from
*Dune*?  This makes perfect sense, considering that the video and the
song take place in the desert.  But I've never seen any interview with
Kate where she ever mentioned *Dune*.  The video was made long before
the movie, so she couldn't have gotten the idea from the movie.  Has
anyone heard anything about Kate being a *Dune* fan?

Woomera,