Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KBC

From: "Neil B. M. Calton" <nbc@vax-d.rutherford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 87 10:08:33 gmt
Subject: KBC

>From: <RENEERB%BYUVAX.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
>Has anyone ever heard of the group Swans Way?   (Swansway ?)
>My brother has a song of theirs called Illuminations.  He has been looking for
>other things by them.  It was on Phonogram, 1984 and had the names Rick P.
>Jones, Maggie and Robert Shaw on the single that he bought.

Two of the group (male/female duo) formed an outfit called Scarlet
Fantastic and currently have a single in the British charts called "No
Memories". This would suggest that Swansway no longer exist -
certainly I have not heard anything for a couple of years. Mind you
they never got a lot of exposure.

>From: KNIGHT%MAINE.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Michael Knight)
>Sorry to disappoint IED with lack of KT news, but he seems to scoop
>everyone else (at least me) as far as that goes.  My new copy of
>'HomeGround' hasn't even arrived yet, and IED is already telling us
>what's in it. Probably he's on the top of their mailing list.

Don't worry Michael IED often appears to get his copy before me and
mine only has to travel about 100 miles. Must have a fax machine under
his bed! Certainly the scoop on the new Kate Bush Complete was
impressive. Talking of which, I have finally located a copy in HMV in
London. It is definitely well worth hunting down and is full of
information (it's almost as good as Lovehounds).

>From: keving@ZELIG.SGI.COM (Kevin Gurney)
>If I can bring up a different point. Has anyone (in the US) had any luck
>getting a copy of "Kate Bush Complete"?
>How about if everyone in the States who wants one sends me, say $150. I'll
>buy a round-trip ticket to England and get copies at the bookstore at
>Heathrow.

Nah, just send me $50 and I'll send you a copy. Mind you the way the
dollar is falling perhaps $150 would be more realistic. Seriously, if
anyone really cannot get it via importers in the US, if they were to
send me enough cash to cover the book, postage and currency conversion
I'd endeavour to get them a copy. However, it will probably be cheaper
and quicker to order it through a US bookstore, especially given the
mail situation in the run up to Xmas.

Be seeing you.