Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

> * More Zappa, especially early stuff.  ``Freak Out'' is remixed, but
>   as far as the booklet goes, there are no re-recorded tracks.

_Hot Rats_ includes additional material from the original sessions.
_Freak Out_, _Cruising With Ruben and the Jets_, and _Uncle Meat_ have
also been released.  No sign of _You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore_.

> * David Byrne's music for the ``Catherine Wheel.''  Might have even
>   more music than the cassette.

I believe it includes the full cassette (72+ minutes).

>	Hi!  Are any other Love-Hounds also Thomas Dolby fans?  I'll
>	be in a town with some decent record stores soon, and I wanna
>	get _The_Flat_Earth_ on CD, if I can... anyone know if it's
>	available on CD yet?

I have seen _The Flat Earth_ on CD.  Also, a strange version of his
first album, which may be indentical to the domestic release (the name
of which slips my mind at the moment).  I prefer the inport album to
the CD.

> (4) have _The Smiths_ or _The Dead Kennedys_ put any of their albums
> on CD?

All the Smiths' albums are on CD, there are also quite a few CD
singles of various of their singles, including some songs that didn't
make it onto their albums.  All of the Dead Kennedys' stuff is
available, as far as I know, including their latest (a compilation).

Also available is the new Robbie Robertson eponymously titled CD,
which features work by Peter Gabriel, U2, Manu Katche', Tony Levin,
and is co-produced by Daniel Lanois.  Not bad.

	-- John
----
Johm M. Relph                "That cloud should be removed immediately!"
IntelliGenetics, Inc.                         ARPA: Relph@BIONET-20.ARPA
-------