Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Desperately Seeking Music

From: Gregory J E Rawlins <rawlins@IUVAX.CS.INDIANA.EDU>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 87 12:51:15 est
Subject: Desperately Seeking Music

Hello, i have a bunch of questions i hope someone here can help me
with, i'm presently living in an area with no alternative music
sources and it's driving me up the wall!

(1) has anyone ever heard of a group called either _Hanover Fist_ or
_Hand over Fist_? I heard a great song by them about two months ago on
CFNY in Toronto called _This is the American Dream_.  Unfortunately,
i'm now living in the depths of Indiana and no one here has a clue.
The airwaves here are filled with the most banal drivel i've ever
heard ("mellow rock" about sums it up). If you know the correct band
name or where i can get the song (on CD if possible) i'd be eternally
grateful!

(2) there was a discussion on love-hounds a long while back about the
Cocteau Twins, which album do you suggest i start with (on CD if
possible)?

(3) in '82 Rhoda with _The Special A.K.A._ did _The Boiler_ as an
import single. Has she since produced an album (again on CD if
possible). Also, i have heard that there is another English female
singer who does similar stuff, help anyone?

(4) have _The Smiths_ or _The Dead Kennedys_ put any of their albums
on CD?

Finally: does anyone know if the _Angelic Upstarts_ have any of their
material on CD? I'm particularly interested in the song _The Soldier_.

	Any help appreciated!
	  greg.
------
Gregory J. E. Rawlins			rawlins@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu