Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Progressive Rock

From: james e levin <jljl@SPHINX.UCHICAGO.EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 87 20:08:46 cdt
Subject: Progressive Rock

     I am taking a course on rhetorical critism in the arts at
Northwestern University.  I'm working on a presentation about
Progressive Rock.  The problem is that I know very little about the
distinctions between pop, new wave, punk, and progressive rock.  In my
attempts to research this, I found no help in any rock anthologies,
such as the ones published by Rolling Stone, magazines dedicated to
rock, or even a book titled "The New Rock 'n' Roll".
     I would be very grateful for any information, or opinions about
Progressive Rock.  In addition, I'd appreciate any existing
information, opinions, or rumors about a band called "Butthole
Surfers".

	[ They are delicious!  They are crazy.  My favorite record of
	  theirs is *Cream Corn from the Socket of Davis*.  They are
	  on Touch and Go Records.  -- |>oug ]

     Finally, I'd be grateful for any tips on how I could say the
words "Butthole Surfers" to a group of 25 middle aged people.

	[ How about something like this: "Butthole Surfers" -- |>oug ]

     Regina Levin