Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts -- CD

From: clindh@sems.se (Christer Lindh)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 87 08:43:34 MED
Subject: My Life in the Bush of Ghosts -- CD

I recently bought "My life in the bush of ghosts", Brian Eno/David
Byrne on CD.  Everybody should do the same at once.

However, I was a little dissapointed because one of my favourites from
the LP was missing; "Qu'ran", Algerian Muslims chanting Qu'ran.

This tune is replaced by one called "Very, very hungry". There's no
information about the origin of the song, singer etc.  It's a female
singing, and sometimes stuttering a'la Max (or more like how it sounds
when you pr-pr-pr-press "PAUSE" on one of Technics DJ CD-players.)

It's not a bad song though, but why why why did they take "Qu'ran"
off ?   Was there any infringe on the copyright of the "Algerian
Muslims" that appeared in "Qu'ran" or what ???   Or didn't the muslims
want to appear on the same record as a 'radio excorsist', 'radio
evangelists' and 'Reverend paul Morton in a broadcats seremon" ?  Weird.

The CD is just 39:48 minutes, so "Qu'ran" could fit in without any
problems if someone decided that "Very, very hungry" should be
added as a bonus.

Very, very dissapointed.
CL
--
I AM : Christer Lindh, SEMS AB, SWEDEN   +----------------------------------+
PHONE: +46 8 920 940                     |       OS/2 -- Just say NO !      |