Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What Do Kate's Lyrics Mean?

From: basin@SVAX.CS.CORNELL.EDU (Justine Tune)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 87 20:18:22 EDT
Subject: What Do Kate's Lyrics Mean?

I have recently fell under the spell of Kate.  I am fascinated by her
music but find her lyrics elusive.  Has there been an analysis of her
songs in this newsgroup in the past?  Specifically, has there been a
compilation of interpretations of her songs.  I am especially
interested in her lyrics in The Dreaming.  For example, in Suspended
in Gaffa, is "the garden", the garden of Eden?  Is the song about
greed and avarice?  Any pointers to information on this type of stuff
would be greatly appreciated.

	-david