Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Smiffs

From: Neil Calton <mcvax!vd.rl.ac.uk!nbc@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 87 11:11:47 bst
Subject: Smiffs

It now transpires that The Smiths have given up their attempts to replace
Johnny Marr and have definitely folded. Morissey is going solo - eat your
heart out Boy George! New Order's "Substance" CD is a double featuring all
the B-sides of the singles in addition to the A-sides. With 146+ minutes of
music its well worth having if you've never bought any New Order previously.
Speaking as someone who had never followed the band closely before I found
this selection of tracks a lot more `commercial sounding' than I had expected.
It seems surprising that they have not had more success in the singles market.

Be seeing you.