Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Pink Floyd & Rush Release dates?

From: ag@crash.CTS.COM (Keith Gabryelski)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 87 21:01:37 PDT
Subject: Pink Floyd & Rush Release dates?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I've been waiting for the release dates on the albums, from Pink Floyd
(without Roger Waters), [forgotten the album name, but the promo released
single is "Learning to Fly", a typical pf release], and from Rush,
"Force Ten".

Pink Floyd's (CD) was 'posda be released Sept 7 (the album a day later),
but has been delayed, (for a month I heard.  Can anyone confirm this?)

I have not heard of a release date for Rush's new album, but would
appreciate any information.

Roger Waters', "KAOS" has been released for a couple of months now, but
since I have the chance now, I will comment on it.

It is definately Roger Waters.  The music is more appealing [personal
opinion from a avid pf fan] than "Pros 'n Cons of Hitchhiking".  The
album, musicly, is more of a cross between "Pros and Cons" and "the
final cut".  The album includes:

	1. Radio Waves		2. Who Needs Information
	3. Me or Him		4. The Powers that Be
	5. Sunset Strip		6. Home
	7. Four Minutes		8. The Tide is Turning (After Live Aid)

I give the album an solid seven (7).  ("the final cut" being a high seven
(7+), "Animals" being a high ten (10+), and "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking"
being a four (4) [not appealing to me at all])

Peace, Keith
--
ARPA: crash!ag@nosc.mil                           INET: ag@crash.CTS.COM
        UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!ag