Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC & Dukes

From: mm5l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew Mashyna)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 87 11:40:30 edt
Subject: XTC & Dukes

While in Totonto a few weeks ago I found some real interesting stuff.
The one that tops the list is the new Psonic Psunspot form the Dukes
of Stratisphere.  I managed to find the collectors edition on Purple
Tie-Dye Vynal (Extra Cool).  The new record features ten songs with
interleafed with Alice in wonderland dialog. This record seems
somewhat less psychedelic than 25 o'clock. And of course there are
little shots at everyone one including The Beatles, The Beach Boys and
Pink Floyd.

The Toronto stores also had a wealth of CDs with extra single
selections added.  Mummer has most of the Great Fire EP on it.

Did anyone else buy the 12" Grass single ? There's a great song on the
B side call Extrovert. You'll have to hide your Todd Rundgren LPs
before you play this.

I also found a great fee magazine called NERVE! They had a two page
interview with Andy Partridge (which I hope to send excerpts from)
titled:

DEAR GOD: DON'T BRING TODD.