Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This matter of my death

From: Dave Hsu <hsu@eneevax.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 87 01:34:17 EDT
Subject: Re: This matter of my death
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: "V70NL::ROSSI" <rossi%v70nl.decnet@NUSC.ARPA>
>
>The rumors of my demise have been greatly oversimplified.  Thanks for the
>concern, however, I'm not sure I can say how the message got posted from my
>account.  Then again, this computer is mot the most secure on the net, and
>this joke (?) could have been done by anyone here or with tac access.
>The message was quite well done, however, and I can actually see Carol sending
>something like that if I were dead.  Please, I don't (obviously) need a
>sympathy card.  What's the Dark side shit?
>
>Living for lust,
>John
>------

Really now...the mind that wrote "Psychadelic Nightmare" thinks we can
ignore all that angst and file him away with the figs and butterflies
and heroic statues and stuff?!    :-)

Hey...wait a minute...how do we know that THIS isn't another forgery?
Okay John...you get to explain yourself...where have you been, and why
weren't you at the bash?

IED: c'mon now, give Jeff a break.  I'm sure the both of you have more
or less the same thing in mind, and this exchange is certainly NOT the
best way to correct his semantics.  What difference does it make
whether or not Kate believes that her audience at large would find
reincarnation to be esoteric or not?   She has always seemed to me to
be more concerned that we appreciate the quality of the imagery and the
hard work evident in her music, and less concerned about our views on
its themes, i.e. suicide, Vietnam, Reich, etc., which are much harder
to reach a consensus on.

Urgh...need more CD's...

-dave
--
David Hsu	vv Yow! A shorter address!	devoted aKolyTe
UUCP: mit-eddie!agent99!hsu			ARPA: hsu@eneevax.umd.edu