Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Music News

From: FULIGIN%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Peter E. Lee)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 87 20:34:57 EDT
Subject: Music News

     The new Dukes Of Stratosphear single is out!  Its available on 12"
with two tracks from "25 O'Clock" added, on 7" with 'boring black vinyl,'
and limited edition 7" on 'cosmic coloured vinyl.'  The A side is "You're

A Good Man Albert Brown" and the B-side is called "Vanishing Girl."  It's
great!  Joe Turner prefers the B-side, I like both about equally.  Buy It!
     According to MTV's 120 minutes, The Smiths have split.  Apparently
Marr has gone off to do other things.  There will be one more Smiths LP,
presumeably made before the split.
     Also from 120 minutes, and from Melody Maker as well, Snakefinger is
dead.  He died a few weeks ago, of a heart attack as I remember.  I'm
surprised that no-one else heard about it/thought to mention it here...

                                               -Peter Lee
Fuligin%UMass.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu