Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Get Out Of My House

From: jsd@UMass.BITNET (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 87 22:52:55 EDT
Subject: Get Out Of My House

After hearing "Get Out Of My House" on CD, I was floored beyond belief
with the awesome sonic power that Kate managed to muster up.  Serious shit
here.  Wow.  Anyway, Joe Turner once told me that that particular track
was inspired by the movie "The Shining".  I rented that particular flick
this evening and watched it.  I wasn't struck immediately with the connection
between film and song.  Could someone straighten me out on this score?
I also wasn't terribly impressed with the film.  Kubrick's camerawork was
phenomenal, but I felt the story lacked interest.  I also was never much
of a fan of Shelley Duval.  Oh well, can't win 'em all...

--Jon Drukman
"Am I yours?  Are you mine?
 We'll find what we're meant to find..."