Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Mr Soul"

From: JDTURN%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Joe Turner)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 87 15:32:09 EDT
Subject: "Mr Soul"

If I'm right, the song "Mr Soul" was originally done by the group
Buffalo Springfield (which featured Neil Young, Stephen Stills, others).

Isn't this question more apropos for rec.music.boring -er- .misc?

Just picked up (finally) Wire's album "The Ideal Copy".  Standard question
is: If I find this album to be the greatest thing since last Tuesday's
cold meatloaf, will I like their other, older stuff?  Specifically,
the tracks I REALLY like are "Madman's Honey" (reminds me a LOT of
newer Severed Heads), "Ambitious" and "Cheeking Tongues".

KT appeared with PG?  Why couldn't she have done that HERE at Great
Woods two weeks ago when I had a TAPE MACHINE there?!?!?!?   If someone
hasn't taped that show, I'm going to fucking DIE.

T minus one day and counting... Jon Drukman, Doug, bd, call me and
we'll arrange for beer and munchie buying.

Someone bring some Bass Ale, por favor.

-joe

"How does it feel when it's revealed
 You've reached the living end?"