Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kasper Hauser

From: Jonathan Delatizky <DELATIZKY@V1.BBN.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 87 09:46 EDT
Subject: Kasper Hauser

Many thanks to Jeff Dalton for his enlightening posting about Kaspar
Hauser. I had not previously heard the explanation for his true origin.

There was indeed a superb movie by Werner Herzog, about ten years
ago, about Kaspar's story. In English the movie was called "The
Enigma of Kaspar Hauser", but the German title, which I cannot
recall exactly, translated freely into "Everyman for himself and God
against all". I don't remember who acted in it. As far as I can
remember it was a fairly straighforward retelling of the tale, none
the less powerful for its simplicity.

It's worth seeking out if you have never seen it.

...jon