Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MBTA

From: JDTURN@UMass.BITNET (Joe Turner)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 87 13:29:59 EDT
Subject: MBTA

Jeremy here asked for public transportation directions to chez moi (honey).
I figured it might be good to let the rest of you in on it, in case that's
easier for you.

I am a 15 minute walk from the NEWTON CENTRE Green Line MBTA stop.
If you're going outbound to get to me, the side of the station you exit on
is the one you want to be on.  If you're heading inbound to get to me, you
should cross over the tracks to the other side.  However you do it, you
want to climb the stairs and be facing a row of shops.

>From there, cross over to the other side of the street and go through the
alley to the right of the Earthy-Crunchy Food Store.  When you reach the
end of the alley, you will be looking at Newton Centre.  A gas station to your
right, a bank to your left, and a phone booth in front of you.  Cross over
the street (Beacon St) until the dry-cleaner's stares you in the face.  Do
a 90 degree left turn and walk.  Continue walking.  Do a bit more walking.
Then, unexpectedly, walk some more.  When you have passed the Chinese
restaraunt on your right, you will come to the end of the sidewalk.  You are
now facing Center Street.  Do a 90 degree right turn and walk.  Keep walking
for a long time, about 10 minutes.  You will go down an incline, past what
used to be a gas station and is now going to be a video store, past a church
on your left, up a little incline, then down again.  There will be a set of
lights at the bottom, with a big intersection.  This is Commonwealth Ave.
Go across Commonwealth, staying on Center.  The next set of lights will be
Ward Street.  Take a right.  Continue walking for about 5 minutes.  I'm
on the left, #329.

or, call 965-8058 or 969-5993 and scream "Help! I'm here at the T stop!" and
we'll think about coming to get you.

-joe