Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Music Seminar in NYC

From: ihnp4!attunix!sfsup!tamar
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 87 22:07:21 EDT
Subject: New Music Seminar in NYC

This coming week ( July 12 ) is the New
Music Seminar in New York. It's a good
time to take a vacation here if you don't
live in the area, as the local clubs are
overflowing with decent "alternative" and
mainstream sounds. Several of the shows
are open only to participants in the seminar
but most are open to the public. Artists
include John Zorn (who incidentally will
be playing every wednesday in July at The
Knitting Factory), That Petrol Emotion, They
Might Be Giants, Roger Miller, Birdsongs of the M.,
Skinny Puppy, The Mighty Lemon Drops, Concrete Blonde,
Salem 66, Wanda and the Way It Is, Wednesday
Week, The Cult, The Toasters, Bad Brains,
Surreal McCoys and gazillions more. Most
clubs have 3 or 4 bands a night, some specializing
in a particular genre.

If anybody would like a more complete schedule
with times and dates send me mail and I shall oblige.

Tamar

...ihnp4!attunix!tamar