Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Musical inquiry

From: cliff@rlgvax.UUCP (Cliff Joslyn)
Date: 19 Jun 87 12:49:06 GMT
Subject: Musical inquiry

The following is a list of songs/albums/artists that I am interested
in locating.  Please help if you have any info on the band, song, how
I could get a copy, etc.

Sniff 'n the Tears - Rock 'n Roll Music
	Early 70's? Vocals like "Pushing Too Hard," guitars like "Bang a
	Gong." Should be a classic.

Signals - Gotta Let Go
	Early 80's.  Go Gos meet the dBs.

Chuck Berry - Talking About My Buddy
	Late 50's.  Loping, dactylic, semi-blues, in the vein of
	"Havana Moon" with piano.  Great guitars.

Steeleye Span - The Brown Girl
	I have most of their albums, but this one just eludes me.

Mission of Burma - Fight Song?
	Late 70's.  I may have the title wrong, but it's a classic,
	incomprehensible lyrics, except for: "where were you when I was
	broken and old."

Utopia/Rundgren - Chapter and Verse, Mighty Love, One More Victory
	There are so many albums, where are these?

Translator - Another American Night
	Mid 80's.  An album reference?

? - Brand New Lover
	Late 70's? Original artist unkown, sounds like Bonnie Rait.
	Later covered by Marshal Crenshaw.

| Cliff Joslyn, Computer Consoles Inc., Reston, Virgnia, but my opinions.
| UUCP: ..!seismo!rlgvax!cliff
V All the world is biscuit shaped