Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TV for July, KompilaTion Tape #2 Progress

From: ganzer%trout@nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 87 20:17:19 PDT
Subject: TV for July, KompilaTion Tape #2 Progress

-------
Laurie Anderson's "Home of the Brave" film is scheduled to be shown on
Cinemax during the month of July. And for us Kate-aholics, "The Cruel Sea"
(the inspiration for "The Ninth Wave") will be shown on Showtime during July.

KompilaTion Tape #2 has been started and is with Walter Henry now.
I would like to have put complete pieces on the tape, but most of the
things I wanted to put on it were 5-10 minutes each. However, I kept the
segments between 30 sec and 2 minutes in length so that you can get a better
feel for the pieces. Actually, it seemed more difficult picking a
representative track from an album than a representative portion of the
track. Personally, I like to listen to more than one track by a group before
I decide to buy, so I hope there is no hesitation on anyones part to put
different tracks (or different portions of the same tracks) by artists
already appearing on the tape(s). So here are the selections I included:
1) Kate Bush- "Be Kind to My Mistakes" . The included passage was appropriate
   for this projeKT and I doubt many have heard this song anyways. For the
   inquisitive, I have included the "Experiment 4" mystery track slowed WAY
   down, and the "Watching You Without Me" backwards track played backwards.
2) Camel- "Skylines" from "Raindances"
3) The Housemartins- "Sheep" from "London 0, Hull 4"
4) Rimsky-Korsakov - "Scheherezade"
5) Passport- "Fairy Tale" from "Second Passport"
6) Grofe- "On the Trail" from "Grand Canyon Suite" (I would have prefered to
   put "Mars" from Holst- "The Planets" here, but I don't currently have a
   good copy)
7) Al DiMeola- "Racing with Devil on Spanish Highway" from "Elegant Gypsy"
8) Billy Cobham- "Quadrant 4" from "Spectrum"
9) Spyro Gyra- "Shakedown" from "Alternating Currents"

"It is this that brings us together..."
MarK T. Ganzer
Internet: ganzer@trout.nosc.mil
UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!sdcsvax!nosc!ganzer
-------