Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My new address

From: jpalfke@parcvax.Xerox.COM (J. Peter Alfke)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 87 15:10:03 PDT
Subject: My new address
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

A note to whomever is ahead of me in the tape-distribution list, and any other
interested people: I've moved.
New ARPA address: JPAlfke.pa@Xerox.com or JPAlfke@parcvax.xerox.com
New physical address:
	Peter Alfke
	666 Willow Rd. #1
	Menlo Park, CA
			94025

Oh, and re: Trina's comment about XTC selling out by splicing "Dear God" into
Skylarking.  That was almost certainly Geffen's or Virgin's doing; they get
periodically desperate to see XTC have a big hit (thus the initial choice of
having them be produced by Todd Rundgren (passive voice intentional there)).
I don't think the band really care about hit singles ... if they did they
wouldn't release relatively uncommercial songs like "Grass" and "Wonderland"
as singles.  Why hasn't "Earn Enough For Us" been released as an A-side yet?

Oh and by the way: Sonic Youth are still god.  "Sister" doesn't have quite
the power and coherence of "Bad Moon Rising" or "EVOL", but it's one baad
groovy slab nonetheless.

						--Peter Alfke
"She said Jesus had a twin
 Who knew nothing about sin