Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

She Blinded Me With EBCDIC, other non-KT items

From: Dave Hsu <hsu@eneevax.umd.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 87 16:09:03 EDT
Subject: She Blinded Me With EBCDIC, other non-KT items
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Thank God for those $11.99 sales at The Wiz...I knew there was a
reason to keep coming back to DC.

>From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>          (Jonathan S. Drukman)

>(so, :>oug, conform enough for ye, mate?)

>     [	Well, pretty close, but not quite...  That line up there
>	">From Jamie Adrews:" is wrong, because that is not something
>	that appears in the quoted text.  It should either be
>	"> From: Jamie Andrews" or "> [Jamie Andrews:]".  A valiant
>	attempt, however.  Also, that's "|>oug", not ":>oug"  -- |>oug ]

We've been through this before.  |>oug's little note will never make
it through to Jon intact because BITNET, in all its EBCDIC fervor,
will turn all those vertical bars | into colons :.

      [ Yeah, but other people on Bitnet get it right.  Perhaps Jon is
	downloading everything onto a Trash-80, or something...
	-- :>oug ]

No new Katenews from this end, but IRS records has finally seen fit to
release Concrete Blonde's debut album on CD.  Also, BCD seems to have
received another shipment of the first three Gabriel discs.  Double
hurrah!

Want to scare your neighbors away?  Buy the "Gyuto Tantric Monks of
Tibet" (the most non-Windham Hill album ever to carry the W-H label)
and listen to the awesome phase control.  I'd first heard them on
cassette about a year ago, but this disc is a real find.

Guess what's now only 46 days away?

-dave
--
David Hsu					devoted aKolyTe