Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Different definitions of "entertainment"

From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 87 20:00:09 EDT
Subject: Different definitions of "entertainment"

> [From IED:] There's precious little "entertainment" to be had from
> Kate's track "The Dreaming", for example.

say WOT?!  You mean to say you don't find it "entertaining"?!?!
Admittedly, it's _difficult_ listening, but there's so much in it to
pick out that it becomes a game, with each listen I try to find new
sounds or hear old sounds in a new way.  That's something I sure find
"entertaining".  I didn't notice how industrial the rhythm was until I
listened to "Dreamtime" but on all subsequent listens, that fact has
never failed to impress me.

ANYWAY... maybe we will send the tape for Katemas, and you are welcome
to listen to it and even copy it, out of gratitude for the tape you
sent us...

--Jon Drukman
"Babooshka, babooshka... *BLAM*  *BLAM*
   ALL RIGHT BITCH!  GET AWAY FROM THE PIANO!!!"
         -- Fred In A Phone Booth