Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC and Rundgren

From: ksand@mapper.UUCP (Kent Sandvik)
Date: 26 May 87 22:06:37 GMT
Subject: XTC and Rundgren

> From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)

> Nope.  I saw the LP the other day.  Of course, they had to chop off
> the song "Mermaid Smiled" in order to fit "Dear God" on, and to tie
> it loosely into the "continuity concept" engineered by our dear
> friend Mr. Rundgren, they had the ending note of "Dear God" fade and
> be overlapped by the opening ...

> What a great tune!  Boppy, catchy, lyrically interesting.  Great
> stuff.  They even take a nasty jab at Rundgren in the lyrics: "No
> hidden message, nothing political..."

Oops, when has Mr. Rundgren been serious; remember the "I want to change
the World" lyrics?  He usually jabbed at other artists.

Even if the collaboration between Runt and XCT was a painsome one - it
also was a fruitful one!

Best XTC album ever made from those punk boys!

		Kent $andvik

--
ADDRESS: Vallgatan 7, 171 91 Solna Sweden     |  Swedish Advertisement !!!!!
PHONE: +46 8 - 55 16 39 job, - 733 32 35 home |  PRENUMERERA P]: