Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Homeground and Hammersmith

From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Sun, 24 May 87 12:44:35 EDT
Subject: Homeground and Hammersmith

Oh joy and yummies!  I found a copy of "homeground" while fishing through
the crud at Newboring Comics.  It had IED's article about themes in Hounds
Of Love (part 1).  Other than that, it was pretty useless except for the
picture of Kate at her Fairlight which was just soooooooo cute.

Then we retired to the abode of Mr. D. Parmenter where we watched the
Hammersmith Odeon video.   "Yay!" thought I, "More Kateness!"  but what did
my eyes behold?  Something horrifying.... something cheesy.. something
STUPID!  My cry of anguish could be heard clear to Amherst.  I couldn't
believe that Our Kate Of Perrenial Warmth, my own Short Duration Personal
Saviour was going through the motions I was watching in shock on the television
set.  Surely the brain that gave us "The Dreaming" couldn't have possibly
come up with the idea of dressing two appallingly bad dancers up in
Violin costumes to dance around her and pretend to bonk her out at the end.
I don't know what's going on here, I suspect part of the pink conspiracy
at work, but that's another topic entirely.

To sum it up:  it's Kate, ya gotta take the good with the bad, eh?

Personal to IED: I'm getting the 4-Track back today.  Tape in the mail
Monday.

--Jon Drukman
"Look, I just invent the bomb, I don't drop it!"
  -- Bryce Lynch