Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Gibby wears >Levi's...

From: sevp@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Sev Pearman)
Date: Fri, 22 May 87 12:59:42 EDT
Subject: Gibby wears >Levi's...

[From the Love-Hounds lost and found.... -- |>oug]

KILLDOZER/run Westy Run/Butthole Surfers

1st Ave Mainroom, Mpls, 4/20

Masters of Grunge KILLDOZER opened.  played a _short_ set of appx 30
mins.  I'm not familiar w/ their repetoire, but I was reminded of Big
Black covering obscure 70's behemoth tunes.  Good to great if yoiu
like your feedback L O U D

Mpls's own (and a personal fave) Run Westy Run played 2nd, for a good
80 mins.  A five-piece combo, RWR is headed by the three Johnson Bros.
Heavy on the big-bottom-bass, these guys are always a gas.  Lead
singer Kraig is a graduate w/ honers of the Jim Morrison/Iggy Pop
Academy of Stage Antics.  Last nights schtick consisted of waving his
soft-floral print circa "Cannon" rerun 70's shirt as a bad-movie
vampire, coupled w/ almost-but-not-quite Roger Daltry lariet throws of
the mike.

Pairing RWR w/ the Buttholes was a great celebration of 70's grunge.
Watching the Westys almost always inspires a collective atiitude of
"What a bunch of Fuck-ups..." w/in the crowd.  Pick up their 7",
"Circles of Joy" CrUnCh!!!

Gibby and Co took stage amidst the much heralded Auto crash victim
footage.  Having never seen this stuff, Mpls realklly absorbed
_Mechanized_, by the Ohio State Highway Dept.  If that weren't enough,
they had a semi-nude what can only be described as a 'chick' (Sorry
Sue) dancing and gyrating and...  ...uh...stuff onstage, in violation
of about four city ordinances.

NAME THIS TUNE!!!!

Help!  I don't know the name of this one--

If I had a gun I'd know how to use it
-------------all be one and the sa-ame
oh woah oh woah oh...

The surfers did this last night, and it triggered a memory of this
tune.  Is this a B-hole original?  If so, on which album?  Is this a
cover?  Anyone recognize this?  Any info appreciated....

Sorry about some lost responses and queries, I had some trouble w/ my
e-mailer.

Thanx for the help w/ the tune,

s e v