Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A few questions, comments etc.

From: pac@munsell.UUCP (Paul Czarnecki)
Date: Fri, 22 May 87 12:34:56 EDT
Subject: Re: A few questions, comments etc.

[This article is from the Love-Hounds lost and found collection....
 -- |>oug]

>First of all, thanks to whomever recommended Birdsongs of The
>Mesozoic-- finally got a chance to see them this past week and was
>damn impressed-- my only complaint was that they could have been a
>little louder.

Hmmm, to each his own.  I wish most bands would play a little softer.
Permanent Hearing Loss is no laughing matter.  I'm serious here.

Next time you see Birdsongs, look at their ears, especially Roger's.
You should see ear plugs.  One rumor that I heard was that Misson of
Burma broke up because of loud volumes.  Supposedly Roger now hears a
C, E and E flat in his ears.  This ringing (called tinitus (?)) will
stay with him forever.  (And no, Miracle Ear won't help.)

>Could somebody tell me, if I loved Birdsongs, will I also love Roger
>Miller's solo show?  The reason I'm asking is that he's returning to
>Philly in May alone and I was wondering what he's like solo.

It is not the same, some might argue he is better solo than live.  In
any case, he is worth seeing.  Maximun Electric Piano must be seen and
heard to be believed.  He is much more personable when he is alone,
cracking small jokes etc...  One problem, some people I know think his
singing is bad.

When and where?  I will be in Philly a couple of times in May and he
would be great to see there.

One bit of Birdsongs trivia, Birdsongs played at Jacks in Cambridge MA
last Wednesday the 15th (first show of a 3 week Mid West tour, they
asked the audience for "clean wholesome" jokes they could tell while
Martin (Swope) changed borken guitar strings).  The next night Jacks
burned down along with 2 other stores.  3 bands lost thier equipment
that night.  This (sorta) means that Birdsongs came very close to
losing all their stuff.  Sure, a lot is replacable (DX7, Yamaha piano)
but where would they get another fall-out shelter water can?

--
           Paul Czarnecki -- USENET, It's not just a job, but an adventure.
	{{harvard,ll-xn}!adelie,{decvax,allegra,talcott}!encore}!munsell!pz