Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Censorship

From: charettep@nusc-wpn.arpa
Date: 18 May 87 11:15:00 EDT
Subject: Censorship

	Thanks, y'all, for answering my question about the end of "Breathing."
It is muchly appreciated.

	Now about this moderating/censorship foolishness ... I truly
sympathize with Sue (hang tough Sue!  I love Husker Du too!) and anyone else
who is offended by comments made by members of this list (who shall remain
nameless mostly because I can't remember how to spell it).  But you cannot
give one person, or a group of people the power to regulate what another
person says.

	The problem in doing so lies in where you draw the line between
good and bad.  No matter where you draw it, you'll violate someone's right
to free speech (and other people's rights to listen).  The only way to avoid
this is to avoid censorship.

				"Judge not, lest ye be judged"

					Paul C.
					<charettep@nusc-wpn.arpa>