Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A message to USENET censors that be.

From: "ROSSI J.A." <rossi@nusc.arpa>
Date: 11 May 87 10:00:00 EDT
Subject: A message to USENET censors that be.

While I do not fully understand the actual genesis of USENET as a network, per
se, I have been under the impression that it generally consists of university
addresses, etc.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  One can probably assume
that it is not overly used by impressionable young childern who need the
protection of Tippi Gore from rock music, sexual provocation, Hofmann and
Wicinski.  I find it quite distressing that this subject of 'foul' language
is even comming up from a source within the body of enlightenment which
is generally attributed to institutes of higher education.  Now, from the
ARPA side, you have to expect this kind of thing, after all we military types
have our reputations to uphold.  Free thinking adults in college, are not
expected to behave as though they are in the military, however.  Imagine the
thought of the pearls of wisdom from Hof and Wicinski shocking some poor
innocent college student in Oregon or Nevada who gust happened to read
an issue Love Hounds.  And with all those filthy words to which they have
never before been exposed.  Ask any 5 year old 'What begins with an F and
ends with UCK?' and you generally get the response Fire trUCK (which is,
of course, correct).  Now what do you get when you ask the same question
to a group of pseudo intellectuals who fear their daughters will someday
marry the likes of Hofmann and Wicinski?

'Spewed upon with cream corn'
John
------