Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Laraaji

From: Ken Josenhans <13020KRJ@MSU>
Date: Wed, 13 May 87 22:43:13 EDT
Subject: Laraaji

In article <1005@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
mit-amt!bc@mit-amt.media.mit.edu (bill coderre) writes:
>Youse folks seem to be up on the Eno clique. So am I, but I have yet
>to be able to figure out who this guy Laraaji is.
>
>S/He turned up as the creator of Ambient 3: A Day of Radiance. Then?

I don't have much in the way of hard information to offer, but
the following snippets come from a letter which accompanied a sampler
tape which a New York friend sent me back in 1985.

"The second cut (or cuts) are by Laraaji, a hammered-dulcimer player
whose one album was produced by the abovementioned chromedome and may be
found, doubtless because of its having been issued in the Ambient
series, in Eno bins everywhere -- the world will have to wait, I guess,
for Laraaji bins.  Meanwhile, Mr. L, otherwise known as 'Larry', may
be found in Washington Square Park playing guitar and hammered dulcimer
on a warmish winter's day, but only if your name is John C___ ((a mutual
friend of ours)) and you're *already* into the habit of bumping into
Allen Ginsberg on Avenue D."

Not very informative, I know.
--Ken Josenhans
          UUCP: ...ihnp4!msudoc!krj           P.O. Box 6610
          BITNET:  13020KRJ@MSU               East Lansing, MI 48826