Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The What?

From: hofmann@nrl-css.arpa (James B. Hofmann)
Date: Wed, 6 May 87 08:42:56 EDT
Subject: The What?

Has anyone heard the latest record from the Band?  I heard a cut and thought
it was Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry with Rick Rubin production!  Quite a suprise
from previous stuff and I thought they dried up a long time ago.  What's
the deal/scoop?!?!?  Has some new-wave band taken their name because of a
lapse in copyright or something?!

The Husker Du album is ten times better than the way they sound in concent.  One
would almost think they are delibarately dissing and playing awful to become
a major label studio based band or something...

... and seperate their true fans from the trendoids by pulling that stuff
on Joan Rivers.

Let's hear it for corporate manipulation.  Bang.