Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A few Q's

From: munnari!gecko.rmit.oz!rcopw@seismo.CSS.GOV (Paul Whiting)
Date: 29 Apr 87 23:30:08 GMT
Subject: Re: A few Q's
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> Really-From: seismo!rochester!ritcv!jaw7509
>

> And what about New Order? Who are they? What are they all about?
> I bought _Brotherhood_ and like it. I especially like how
> well they use dissonance. (sp?) They dont carry it to extremes,
> they just keep you interested and on edge.

I may have quite a few inaccuracies here and I apologise to any New Order
fans or people more knowledge than myself, but we Aussies have known about
New Order for a couple years now. They are a English New Wave band formed
in the early 80's. They are best known down here for their single
"Blue Monday" which I suggest you try and get a hold of. You may remember
them for their song "Shell-Shock" which was used in the "Pretty in Pink" sound-
track.

Hope this has been of some help,

Wipeout.

Paul Whiting

    Dept of Communication & Electronic Engineering,
    Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology,
    124 Latrobe St, Melbourne, 3000, Australia

ACSnet: rcopw@gecko             UUCP: ...!seismo!munnari!gecko.rmit.oz!rcopw
CSNET:  rcopw@gecko.rmit.oz     ARPA: rcopw%gecko.rmit.oz@seismo
BITNET: rcopw%gecko.rmit.oz@CSNET-RELAY
PHONE:  +61 3 660 2619.

(Postmaster:- This mail has been acknowledged.)