Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: misunderstood lyrics

From: nathan@eddie.MIT.EDU (Nathan Glasser)
Date: 28 Apr 87 08:04:15 GMT
Subject: Re: misunderstood lyrics
Newsgroups: rec.humor, mod.music.gaffa

In article <1557@canisius.UUCP> wigle@canisius.UUCP (Kenneth Wigle) writes:
>How bout this for a lyric:
>
>   Instead of "Walk like an Egyptian"
>
>              "Walk with an erection".

Someone already came up with this idea:

A few months ago, while shopping at a local 24-hour supermarket,
I heard this song being played on the store-wide radio. It took me
a little while to realize that I was misunderstanding the lyrics
and that I only thought it was "Walk Like an Egyptian;" it really
was "Walk With an Erection." It may have been a Wierd Al takeoff...
I don't know for sure, and I've never heard it again.
--
				Nathan Glasser
				nathan@mit-eddie.uucp (usenet)