[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

No Subject

>From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>Subject: Misk.
>(Maybe he's just getting more paranoid...) Well? Do you all
>think he was out of line for panning the Zeebrugge record
>just because its cause was so lofty?

No, an article taking the same line as you, though less sprinkled with
epithets and less elegiac about Kate appeared in the Guardian recently.
Why buy crap just because it is for charity. Send them the cash by all means
but only buy a record if it has some positive quality e.g. Kate's section on
the Ferry Aid single. The obligatory sing-along tacked on at the end is
often totally banal. I certainly don't want to hear people like Sue Pollard
and Mike Read on a record; in fact I'd pay a considerable sum NOT to hear them
if possible. If these records were limited to half-a-dozen or so 'quality'
performers I'm sure the end result would be of a higher standard and sell just
as many units. Personally, I'm waiting for the Glen Hoddle and Chris Waddle
single - now there are a couple of real superstars!

John Peel writing in the Observer newspaper about the Amnesty gig states
that Kate Bush was "dressed as a Victorian cyclist". Roll on the video say I.
He all says that the Ball is calculated to raise over 1 million (pounds) for
Amnesty. Clearly A Good Thing.

>About the tape circulation, why not if IED makes a 90-minute tape
>with about ten minutes of stuff recorded on it (the remainder left
>blank) -- stuff that he's relatively sure nobody else has heard before --
>and send it off to, say, Mark Kat(e)souros? Mark can then add ten minutes
>of his recommended stuff, and forward the tape to Sue or somebody.
>And so on.

How about when the tape is full someone sends it over to G.B. for us limeys
to listen to. I could then send a tape of good British stuff back. O.K. who
said it will be a pretty short tape - stand up that man!

Be seeing you.

"Ossie's going to Wembley, his knees have gone all trembly" (THFC).

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]