[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Throwing Muses

Sigh.  I went to see the Throwing Muses last night.  Joe, my apologies, but
I didn't get your mail requesting directions until this morning.  Of course,
they were fabulous.  Kristin Hirsh blinked about five times... I suspect that
she was staring at the EXIT sign.  I had the good fortune to be standing at
the front, where I could see the band well;  the bassist (whose name I don't
know, which is a shame because I'm in love with her) was having a lot of fun.
My theory was that she opened her eyes every time that Ms. Hirsh blinked, but
it didn't hold up for very long.
A friend and I talked (if you can call "trying to look like you're not making
goo-goo eyes while asking stupid questions" talking) with the bassist after
the show-- she mentioned that they're probably going to switch labels soon.
Capitol and Warner Bros. were mentioned.  I expressed regret that then we
wouldn't get to hear them on any This Mortal Coil albums, to which she replied
"oh, I don't know...".  Is another in the works already?
To be slightly repetitive: sigh.
By the way: which member of the band is the one who just had a baby?

-Jeremy

"Billy... Billy?  We just had a baby!"

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]