[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Re: Pell Mell

Rob Rosen asks,

>	Anyone ever heard of [Pell Mell]?

Yes, they were originally a three-piece instrumental combo from the Great
Pacific Northwest.  They eventually relocated to Berkeley, changed bass
players (taking on Greg Somebodyorother who used to play with The Call and
is an incredible bass player).  At some point in the story they added Mr.
Wizard, Steve Fisk, on keyboards.

>I've heard one cassette (released on an indie whose name I cant recall),
>and there were rumours of an impending vinyl release...

There are two Pell Mell cassettes in circulation.  The first is a live
recording of the three piece that came out in the early 80's.  The other
is a collection of all their studio recordings that never made it to the
Big Record Deal.  Lots of labels kept sniffing around, but no deal was
ever struck.  The newer cassette should be available through Rough Trade
USA (in San Francisco)...

You can also write to Steve Fisk at: 607 W. 3rd, Ellensburg, WA 98926.
Also ask about Fisk's solo cassettes, as well as those of The Screaming
Trees.

... gt

	"Who can kill a general in his bed?
	 Overthrow dictators if they're red?