[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Smiths, T. Muses

>  Date: Tue, 31 Mar 87 17:45:19 cst
>  From: mike@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (_Mike Trogni_)
>  Subject: new Smiths album out - March 31

>     Mail from Smiths fans is  appreciated.
>
>    Mike

Personally, I haven't liked them much since their first album, though I thought
their first was incredibly good - gutsy,profitic,truth-like. When the second
one came out, they became 'popular' and seemed to soak their angst schtick for
all it was worth.

>  Date: Tue, 31 Mar 87 16:29:52 EST
>  From: Joe Turner <cutter%umb.umb.edu@RELAY.CS.NET>
>  Subject: Female indi
>
>  Interesting to note that, aside from the concert review I posted, no-one
>  has mentioned the THROWING MUSES, probably the most innovative sound to
>  come out of Boston (or anywhere) in a while.  Ya gotta admit, NUTHING'
>  but NUTHIN' sounds like Kristin Hirsh...
>
>  (well, so the drummer is male... 3/4 ain't bad)
>
>  -joe

Agreed. I caught their Paradise show in Boston which was excellent (though I
did not run into anyone body-slamming). They are slowly becoming one of my all
time favorites.

Tom R. Loden

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]