[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Re: Suburbia

In article <8703300144.AA22571@csvax.caltech.edu> you write:
>Really-From: J. Peter Alfke <alfke@csvax.caltech.edu>
>
>I played "Help Me Somebody", from Byrne/Eno's "My Life In the Bush of Ghosts",
>for a friend of mine, and she said the "It's so high, you can't get over it...
>it's so low, you can't get under it ..." part came from the Temptations song
>"Psychedelic Shack".  Does this radio preacher Byrne and Eno recorded listen
>to the Temptations, or vice versa, or what?
>
>						--Peter
>"It's so HIGH you can't get OVER it!
> It's so LOW you can't get UNDER it!
> You make your BED in HEAVEN, he's there!
> You make your BED in HELL, he's there!
> He's EVERYWHERE!
> Whoo!
> Help me somebody ..."

Is this a joke, or what alreadly?

It's from an old-time Negro Spiritual, long before the Temptations were born,
let alone formed a singing group.

It's so high you can't get over it!
It's so low you can't get under it!
It's so wide you can't get around it!

'Nuff said.

	- Phil		prs@oliveb.UUCP (Phil Stephens)     {really oliven}
	or, if that fails:	{get to 'ames' somehow, then}!oliveb!prs

Mail welcome, but my mailer seldom cooperates when I try to reply.

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]