[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore is/was/will be recording some new stuff (I assume in
Chicago) produced by Steve Albini.  Saw Steve at the show taping Pussy
Galore at the board (rank hath its priveleges).

They weren't so hot in concert, though.  Didn't play "Cunt Tease" or
"Look like a Jew" which are their two most accessible songs.
Continual feedback was cool but made all the songs blend into each
other.  Some people left.  Were going to do an encore, but played
about 4 bars and then went away (maybe because all the people left).
I was disappointed.  Did have a radiator mounted on the drum set to
bang on, though.  The blond girl wasn't there.  Is she still in the
band?

Urge Overkill opened, and were hot.  They did do the maroon tux
schtick, though (Is this a trend?  Big Black was in tuxes in Feb.,
too.)  Cool Glen Campbell cover (Telephone Lineman, I think.  Been a
while.)

I did feel definitely out of place there, though.  Stringy long black
hair and black leather were the attire of the day.  Oh well.

John Troyer (currently at ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!d711

[Gaffaweb] [Love-Hounds Archives]