[Message Prev] [Message Next] [Date Index]
[Love & Anger] [Gaffaweb]

shows

Reagan Youth/Outpatients,  TT's   3/21:

[When's this club gonna change it's logo to depict some kid
 urinating?]
	The Outpatients are three metal-core maniacs from western
massivetwotits... I think I liked them better as the pre-pubescent
hardcore band I recall seeing four years ago.
	Reagan Youth. Huh - maybe I was expecting a lot, but this
wasn't a happening show. Could've been that someone wasn't turned
up loud enough, or maybe some of this stuff's starting to sound
dated?? (god forbid). I did like the singer's histrionics and between-
song babble ("Awright, now I want all you guys to take off your combat
boots and form an om circle..") I also like the way their record sleeve
folds out into a poster. Maybe on a better day.

Scream/Kingface, TT's 3/28:

	This was a HOT show. Both bands. Don't know much about em,
except that they're from DC. Kingface is good melodic thrash, with
strong instrumentals, strong vocals, strong everything. Singer
reminds me a bit of the Bad Brains guy, but that might just be
cause he's got dredlocks. Scream is more metal sounding, with
the occasional shrieking vox heard in that genre. Also a real strong
band.  Recommended.

Coming (or at least breathing hard..):

Celibate Rifles
Scratch Acid