Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Squeakback

From: Wenner.ES@Xerox.COM
Date: 23 Feb 87 17:32:40 PST (Monday)
Subject: Squeakback

Re: Your comments about differences of opinion on musical taste...

I don't much CARE what someone's musical opinions might be, that's an
individual sort of thing, kinda like wearing seat belts. :-)  What DOES
matter is WHY THEY FEEL THAT WAY.  F'instance, Jon, you said "'SAT IN
YOUR LAP' is one of the best songs produced anywhere in the past 10
years!"  Well, that may just be so, but WHY do you think so?  Sure, your
reasons may be subjective, but relating them has meaning and will help
me decide whether or not to give it a listen and form my own opinion,
rather than just get into name-calling with no resolution.

Sorry if that made some sense, it's late and I'm tired....

BTW, I stopped listening to net.music for the same reason, and have just
started getting a 2nd-hand resend of Love-Hounds.  PLEASE, please, say
that mud-slinging is not the norm for THIS list, too...

NonJim
Redondo Beach, CA

justinitforthemusic