Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Misk.

From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 87 13:52 PST
Subject: Misk.

KT NEWS:

The CD of Never For Ever (a German pressing) is now in import
stores in the L.A. area. Residents should hurry to Aron's,
where they just got a LARGE number of The Dreaming and Never For
Ever CDs in, but three were sold in the first five minutes or so.

Mail bag:
>Hey, IED, I'm STILL waiting for you to damn the Butthole Surfers as
>un-Kate-like and therfore "bad."  Wattsamattah?  Can't RISE to the
>challenge, boy?
>
>                                                            "Yeah" - Lennon
>
>                                                            James Hofmann

Sorry, Hofmann got mistaken for Wicinski. (Is there any real difference)?
Anyway, |>oug already "shredded" (to use the popular L-Hs term) your
comparison.

>From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>          (Jonathan S. Drukman)
>Subject:  Goddamn mailer trashed my message
>
>I had written a real pithy and incisive reply to another one of IED's
>attempts to put Experiment IV among the gods, but it got lost somewhere
>between Here and There.  So, without the benefit of the original posting,
>I will try to get my points across.
>
>IED accused :>oug and myself of being "weird" merely because we singled
>out ONE track from "The Ninth Wave" as an example of a song superior
>to Experiment IV... I would like to remind IED that Kate herself saw
>fit to release "Jig Of Life" (the track mentioned) as the B-Side to a
>12"... So maybe IED is the one who is weird (or maybe IED is irreproachable
>and KATE is the one being weird here...)
>
>IED also rebutted my opinion of the violin intro as "weepy" by saying
>something like "it is NOT weepy!"  Well, I said it sounds weepy to me,
>and unless IED is going to volunteer some concrete way of telling whether
>a passage is "weepy" or not, my opinion will have to stand.
>
>The other point was IED's gross misinterpretation of my joke ("Skylarking"
>is the number two album, but I don't know what the number one album is)
>as an example of "sloppy thinking".  GET REAL IED, CAN'T YOU TELL ATTEMPTED
>HUMOR WHEN YOU READ IT??  Or maybe you could come down off your high horse
>long enough to read a sentence twice and think about it logically:  could
>that phrase be interpreted as saying something like "well it's definitely
>one of the best albums of the year, but I can't or don't feel like assigning
>absolute ratings to them"?  I think so.
>
>--Jon Drukman
>"So *this* is why the hippies like paisley"
>   -first time acid tripper

All of the above DID get through the first time. It
didn't get lost, and it was all answered at length.

>Sender: Paul Benjamin <Benjamin@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
>I don't wanna discuss the people that dance to the music.  I wanna hear

Ditto.

>I wanna hear about the music itself.

Same here.

-- Andrew Marvick