Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Squeakback

From: drukman%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 87 10:46:56 EST
Subject: Squeakback

A lot of people lately have been complaining about how this list is
full of bitching, shouting and general nastiness.  They say "what about
music?  Ain't we supposed to be discussing that?"  I say: "Yeah we are,
but somehow whenever anyone volunteers an opinion, it gets shot down.
If you dare to agree with someone, you're a sycophant, and therefor
untrendy.  Get a life, bud."

Does anyone agree with this admittedly non-controversial statement?
"SAT IN YOUR LAP" is one of the best songs produced anywhere in the past
10 years!

Well, I do, but that doesn't count for much.

CHAMELEONS UK:  I have had very little exposure to this group outside
of hearing the "Strange Times" album once or twice.  I was going to
see them last night at the Blue Wall, but good ole US IMMIGRATION decided
to not let them into the goddamn country.

Tonight:  Throwing Muses at the Blue Wall.  Hope the Mass Pike Cops don't
bust their asses and throw 'em in prison.

Let me once again tell everyone to GO BUY 'BIRDSONGS OF THE MESOZOIC'
you won't regret it!  (well, you might, but I doubt it.)

dismayed and annoyed,
--jon drukman
"you are the only thing that shines"
   -shriekback