Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Siouxsie & the Banshees' `Pinups' LP (Strange Fruit)

From: eppstein@tom.columbia.edu (David Eppstein)
Date: 18 Feb 87 17:45:51 GMT
Subject: Siouxsie & the Banshees' `Pinups' LP (Strange Fruit)

In <870217-141134-1515@Xerox>, Rich <RMRichardson.PA@Xerox.COM> writes:
< Could this be a cover of the Billie Holliday(sp?) number of the same name?
<
< Words something like:
< Southern trees bare strange fruit
< Blood on the leaves, blood at the root

I don't know about the Siouxsie version, and until the recent sequence
of messages I didn't know the following was a cover, but: this song also
appears on the UB40 Signing Off EP.

Also, can someone provide a Siouxsie discography?  I know I want (at least)
one of her CDs but I don't know which are good and which (if any) are bad...
--
David Eppstein, eppstein@cs.columbia.edu, Columbia U. Computer Science Dept.