Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ET Story

From: dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (David Pearlman)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 87 16:36:20 PST
Subject: Re: ET Story
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

In article <8702142335.AA17850@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> you write:
>Really-From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>
>The Billboard Magazine story about a Berkeley
>consumer who got hold of the A Hard Day's Night
>CD inside his copy of The Whole Story  was
>turned into a segment in "Nina Blackwood"'s
>"Rock News Report" on "Entertainment Tonight" yesterday evening.

 [deleted report of how Nina Woodbrain altered the facts]

>It was interesting to see how TV news alters the facts
>to make for a "better story".

Although I'm certainly aware of how the mass media alters and/or
misinterprets facts to make a "great" story (An article I published
in Science magazine was described in the San Francisco Chronicle in
a way that made it sound like I'd soon be on my way to Stockholm to
get my prize...) you shouldn't be at all suprised at the quality
of a Nina Woodbrain report. Recall that Braindead was without question
the poorest of the original Empty-V VJ's. And that, I think, is a
meaningful distinction. Actually, however, it's pretty unlikely that
Blahwood wrote her own copy. I'm even suprised she was able to re...
say, did you notice if perhaps they had dubbed in someone else's voice
for Slackdud? Naw, couldn't be...But what if???

Her pictures in Playboy weren't anything to write home about, either...
--
				                 David A. (DAP) Pearlman

"And all this science I don't understand
 It's just my job five days a week" -- B. Taupin