Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the state of mystery set and IED

From: hsu%uicsrd.CSRD.UIUC.EDU@a.cs.uiuc.edu (William Tsun-Yuk Hsu)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 87 15:57:16 cst
Subject: the state of mystery set and IED

Greg Taylor's speculation about the mystery set theme covers all but
a handful of the selections. While you can maybe argue that House of
the Rising Sun fits into the *creation category, it's difficult to
justify the claim for PGR's Asleep in the Shadow of the Lion's Cage
(a shimmering quasi-ambient moodpiece), Sun City Girl's Damcar,
Merzbow's Orient Oxidation (noise collage with no lyrics or even lascivious
panting) or Live Skull's Fort Belvedere. Remember the connection
is very unambiguous. Use all the information given (which is more than
I gave the few brave souls who stayed up till 3am to hear this).
Nice try, Greg... keep the guesses coming!

I've constructed an extra permutation for Greg's "andrew marvick is ied"
games. Here it is:

(drumroll)

wicinski raved, armed

Now we know, IED and the wic are really the same person...

Bill