Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: another night in clubland ...

From: dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (David Pearlman)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 87 17:32:00 PST
Subject: Re: another night in clubland ...
Newsgroups: mod.music.gaffa

In article <8702090001.AA12998@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU> you write:
>Really-From: jordan@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Jordan Hayes)
>
>10,000 Maniacs / Love Tractor / Friday February 7, 1987 / Berkeley Square
>
>They are playing again tonight, alone, for two sets (apparently to get
>as much time with the new material as possible), and I may take Natalie
>up on her offer to talk about the changes the band has gone through if
>I go.  They play at the I-Beam in SF Monday night with some other band
>whose poster around Berzerkeley displays their name prominently, with a
>small "plus 10,000 Maniacs" at the bottom.  Promises to be a major
>lose.

I don't know what "major lose" means, but I just caught the Maniacs show
at the I-Beam. Regardless of what those posters in Berkeley said,
10,000 Maniacs was definitely *the* attraction. And their performance
was excellent. I only wish the sound system was (actually, the sound
system probably would have been fine at half the volume...).
If you like their records, catch these guys live! (Incidentally,
upon first listening I thought the new material sounded at least
as strong--if not stronger--overall as the stuff on "The Wishing
Chair").
--
				                 David A. (DAP) Pearlman

"And all this science I don't understand
 It's just my job five days a week" -- B. Taupin