Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the whole story about The Whole Story

From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 87 15:36:11 CST
Subject: Re: the whole story about The Whole Story

>Really-From: Dave Hsu <hsu@eneevax.umd.edu>
> Fortunately (for you D.C. KT CD people) The Wiz warehouse store in
> Beltsville has the EMI/America CD of "The Whole Story" for $12.99,
> $11.99 on sale weekends.

I maintain that the EMI-America CD of "The Whole Story" isn't worth
$12.99 or $11.99 or even $9.99.  It might be worth as much as $4.99.
It's probably worth the cost of the materials.  My CD copy of Santana's
Abraxas (can you say "Hiss City, Arizona"?) is better than this disk,
qualitywize.  Oh well, I think I'll live with it.  I'm not about to
spend $20 on a "best of" collection, even if it is Kate Bush.  And now
that "The Dreaming" is out and rumor has "Never for Ever" practically
on the shelves, then the only unique things you get with "The Whole Story"
is "Experiment IV" and the alternative vocal to "Wuthering Heights".
So I'll probably live with this bad copy, at least for awhile.

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil@Rice.edu>