Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Dreaming

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 87 19:26:02 EST
Subject: Re: The Dreaming

> Does anyone know what the Aborigine says at the end of "The Dreaming"
> (the song).

It is some lyrics from an Aboriginal song entitled "Airplane, Airplane".
I don't know what the lyrics are however.  Notice that this then makes
the perfect aesthetic segue between the themes of "The Dreaming" and
"Night of the Swallow", once again providing more evidence for IED's
claims about mult-layered meaning, sophistication, refinement, and all
that crap.

			|>oug

P.S.  Oh, yeah, also notice that the digeridoo, which connects "The
Dreaming"  and "Night of the Swallow" sounds a lot like an airplane
engine (or something similar -- in fact, that's what I thought it
was for years, until someone told me it was a digerdoo), again showing
how FUCKING brilliant Kate is.